Top 10 Blog Posts of November 2015: The Cool Cat Teacher Blog
- 10 Ways to Flip a Kid and Turn Their Day Around
- Note Taking Skills for 21st Century Students
- Why Teachers Need to Keep Going Even When It's Hard
- 5 Ways to Teach Gratitude in Your Classroom
- 15 Best Google Drive Add-Ons for Education
- How to Use Padlet: A Fantastic Tool for Teaching
- 10 Inspirational Videos for Teachers
- What To Do When Someone Hates You
- 6 Reading Comprehension Problems and What To Do About Them
- 8 Great Ways to Level Up Game Based Learning in the Classroom
Top Shows of November 2015: Every Classroom Matters
- Alec Couros' Epic Educational Truths - Alec reflects on his career as a teacher and Sylvia Duckworth draws an amazing sketchnote to go with it.
- My Lesson Plan is Not Working, The Kids Are Not Learning, I'm Freaking Out with Alicia Roberts
- Throwing Students Across the Room Doesn't Work, This Does Classroom Management expert Steve Miletto reflects with me what could have been done differently in Spring Hill.
- How We Can Stop Teaching to the Test and Start Learning (For a Change) with Eric Sheninger about his new book Uncommon Learning
- Kid President: Kids Inspiring Kids to Change the World - This was an October Show with Brad Montague, founder of Kid President but it continued to be widely shared in November.
- 6 Learning Experiences You Should Give to Every Student with David Jakes as we reflect upon classroom design
- How Teachers Can Self-Publish Books with David Hopkins from the UK gives us a simple how-to on self publishing
- Improving Teaching through Student Reflections with Dean Shareski who reflects honestly about how we should have students reflect as we improve our lessons.
- How I Motivated my Autistic Students to Publish 63 books with Jon Smith
- Hip Hop Language Education: Using Rap to Teach, Really? with Jason Levine
Thank you to the sponsors of Every Classroom Matters!
- VIF Learning Center has fantastic lesson plans and ways for educators to connect.
- Lesley University has wonderful online education classes for busy teachers.
- Bloomz - how I'm connecting with parents this year! I love it and continue to share this one everywhere I go!
- Volunteer Spot - An awesome tool to connect parents, teachers, and volunteers and easily set up parent-teacher conferences.
- Help Teaching - has a free, fantastic test maker and lots of Common Core and standards-aligned resources to help you create and make resources to use in your classroom
- Staples - I loved doing back to school work with them. This is where I shop! (Just today I picked up my planner paper.)